GGN members´ websites must satisfy the following requirements:
1. The website URL contains
- The name of your city or region
- The word “greeters”
- The extension of your country (e.g. .fr, .uk). Alternatively, you can use an extension like .net, .org or .info
- Dots or hyphens are allowed to make the name more readable
This will lead to an URL similar to www.yourtown-greeters.extension.
If a Greeter destination has no full control on it’s website (i.e. because it is part of a local tourism organization and the Greeters are presented on a subpage within their website) the URL may refer to these requirements in a reasonable manner. In this case the destination should register a domain name according to the requirements and forward it to the subpage.
2. Global Greeter Network logo
- The GGN logo must be shown on the website/webpage.
- The GGN logo must be on every page presenting the Greeter destination.
- The logo must link to the official GGN URL globalgreeternetwork.com.
- The logo is completely visible (no illustration on top or behind).
The GGN logo is available on request
As English is the language we use among the members of the GGN, we ask you to have your website at least in English.
4. Core values
The website must prominently show or link (i.e. within the main menu or with an extra button on the front page) to the core values on the GGN website.